Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Marvel Universe Psylocke Review

I recently began reading Uncanny X-Force, and I've definitely fallen in love with it.
Psylocke is a very cool figure.  As an member of the X-Men, I wanted her pretty badly.  Additionally, she is part of Uncanny X-Force, so this is just a double dose of awesome.  Overall, she is a great figure.

Obviously, she is the exact same sculpt as Dark Pheonix from the Greatest Battle pack, including the head, but it works for the most part.  My only complaint is that Psylocke looks a little evil with those eyes, but is isn't that bad.
For accessories, she comes with the standard "fire" wrist attachment that Iron Fist, Human Torch, and other come with.  The attachment is purple to show her telekinetic abilities.  She also comes with a purple sword to match the attachment.  It seems to be the same sword that Hand Ninjas are equipped with, except due to Hasbro packaging, mine is pretty twisted up.
 Furthermore, she can't seem to hold the sword in a decent way.  One hand is open, but the other hand looks perfect for the sword, but it isn't quite tight enough.
Along with the sword and attachment, she comes with the now standard "comic shot".  It's cool, but really seems pointless.  Obviously a stand would be preferred, but I'm sure there is a reason we don't have one.
Another new thing with this wave is Deadpool!  Each figure has Deadpool on the back in the same fashion as Commander Rogers, Osborn, and Nick Fury, except this time each figure has a unique Deadpool caption.


Overall, a very solid figure.  I have no regrets adding her to my collection, and as far as female figures go, she is probably the best.

Articulation: Articulation is exactly how it is on any other Marvel Universe female figure, and works great.
Paint: The paint on my particular figure had some flaws, but I'm sure they aren't all like this.  No complaints either way.
Accessories: All her accessories are great and fit the character quite well.
 The best part about having Psylocke is being one step closer to the X-Men roster I grew up with!  I'm just praying for a Rogue figure and hoping Jubilee turns out alright.



No comments:

Post a Comment